Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Humble, tears, unbelievable sadness

Watching this Katrina disaster unfold has been more than sad, more than humbling, and has caused me to cry uncontrolablly.

My heart breaks for all of these people.

Last year when Central Florida was nailed with three Hurricanes, and we had to endure without some of the basics for 5 days, I never thought I would be so thankful again in my life to have the basics.

Each day since Katrina hit, I have thanked God for water, food, a hot shower, my home, and most importantly my family. Hearing the stories of the people who have suffered through this had humbled me beyond words.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Desert Rat said...

It is refreshing to find out there is someone out there who gets it! I really enjoy your blog, and I hope you check back in on mine from time to time. Also, when you're there, check out my link to my friend Jeff's blog. He's one of my best buddies and shares many of my beliefs, so i think you'll like his take on this stuff too. Keep the blogs coming!

7:48 PM  
Blogger midwest_hick said...

I can't fathom going thru a hurricane like Katrina......very sad situation there.

10:51 AM  
Blogger darrelalexander1917 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home